Saturday 30 August 2008

EWE LIGHT UP MY LIFE


My second Challenge for today was from Papertake Weekly - "A stitch in time". Here is my card...I have chosen one of my favourite stamps from Rachelle Anne Miller's Collection "Lily and Milo", and this one is called "Cuddle Up". Whenever I look at this stamp, I see the wool with a lot of texture, so I simply "Blob" (technical term) glue on each Wooley curl, and then just throw (another technical term) glitter over the top. This gives the sheep lots of Sparkle, and Texture at the same time! Also when looking at the sheep, automatically the colour combination of "Black and White" springs to mind. I have put some "Stitching" around the stamped image, and also found this lovely Black ribbon with white stitching in my craft stash, that also goes well! The sentiment was done on my computer, layered up, and put together with Black Brads.

Hope you like my card, and come back to see more! Happy Crafting X

9 comments:

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card Louise, love the stamp & the curly wool looks sooo cool :o)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Andrea said...

Cute card!
xAndrea

Bev said...

Fabulous!! Love the image and the colours you have used Louise - love it!!

hugs Bev x

Rach said...

oh this is gorgeous, i love how you have glittered the sheep, they look fabulous. hugs rachxx

Jill said...

oohh Lousie I just love this card, I love the wool on the sheep with the glitter it looks fantastic. Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my card hugs Jill x

Becky said...

What a stunning card! Love your technical terms lol!!
Love Becky xx

carolann said...

Wow I love this card the image is fab love how you have done the little sheep WTG hun xxxx

Sheila Hallworth said...

What a great idea! I may have to pinch it ;)

Karen said...

Love your cards and esp this one. Thanks for the technical tips: They obviously work! :)