Tuesday 7 April 2009

WHIFF OF JOY CHALLENGE NO. 24


And finally, my last card for today is for Whiff of Joy Challenge No. 24 - Let's get Dirty!!!! (Distressing). I have used one of Whiff of Joys new stamps called Melinda with Bouquet, and she has been coloured with my Art-Kure WC Brushes, and a few touches of Sukura Gel Pens too. The image has been cut with one of my new nesties, and the edges distressed with a Heidi Swapp Distressing Tool. The backing papers are from a Basic Grey 6x6 paper pad called Lili Kate. The main backing paper was distressed with the distressing tool, and the second layer of paper was torn, and then rubbed with a chalk eye ink pad. I attempted to make my own flowers for this card using the smaller nesties, and the also distressed their edges with the distressing tool. The card was finished off with a stamped sentiment, and two blue spotty brads in my flowers, from my craft stash. Many thanks for stopping by, and hope you have a lovely day.

7 comments:

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Louise,l love the stamp.

hugs Riet.x

karen said...

very clever, you are a star x karen x

Suzanne said...

Great card Louise, I love the handmade paper flowers they're fab. Hugs Sue x

Steph said...

This is so pretty, Louise. I'm always a bit worried about doing the distressed look but you've proved you can do distressed with cute and it looks fab!!

nessy said...

adorble card ~love the edging!!
vanessa xx

mia.t said...

Love the spring feeling and the home-made flowers!
Hugs Mia

Poppy said...

love the colours,very pretty card.
poppy