Monday 27 April 2009

CUTE CARD THURSDAY CHALLENGE NO. 57


My next card is for Cute Card Thursday Challenge No. 57 - "Getting Edgy" - either tear, sand, distress or sew the edges of your card. I have used one of the new Sugar Nellie Gorjuss Girls stamp, and she has been coloured with Sukura Gel pens. The image has been cut with an Octagonal nesty, and layered on brown and pink card. The backing papers are from a Basic Grey paper pad called Blush. The top layer of backing paper has been torn, and the flowers I have made also using different sized octagonal nesties, and then distressing their edges with a Heidi Swapp Distressing Tool. The card has been finished off with a stamped sentiment, gem brads in the centres of my flowers, and a bow in the Gorjuss Girl's hair, all of which are from my craft stash. Hope you have enjoyed your visit, and thanks for stopping by. Have a lovely day!

12 comments:

Gillian said...

Love your gorjuss girl, I got mine this week too, must use them. Love the flowers too.

Gill x

Nilla said...

Great card! thinks Nilla

cats whiskers said...

Oh Wow :ouise I love those flowers and the papers on this card are just so delish, another fabby creation hun
Hugs Jacqui x

Deb said...

fabulous card Louise, so love the bow in her hair! Many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge! Have a great day! Debx

nessy said...

gorgeous card ~love the edges ~very decorative!!
vanessa xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card,l love the image Louise.

Hugs Riet.x

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card and you flowers are lovely Louise!
Clairex

karen said...

this card is so beautiful, love the papers and the flowers, got my girls too x karenx

Steph said...

Oooh love the ripped paper and the ribbon on her hair is so cute!

LINDA said...

OH I love this one..Its Beautiful..
Hugs, Linda

Bev said...

Fabby card babe, that colour combo is just stunning and those papers work so well with the beautifully coloured image. Stunning! x

having a {me} day said...

I love your card!! Fabulous colouring of the gorjuss girl. And I always love to see distressing;-)
katxx