Sunday 25 January 2009

SARAH KAY MY SWEET LILI




Good morning crafters, hope your weekend is going well! Rather a dull, wet day here in Essex, all the more reason to be inside Crafting! So for today, I have a couple of cards to post. The first card is for Arty Girlz Challenge No. 69 - "Transparent" set by guest designer Fabrizio - Use something clear/transparent on your Creation. Well I almost did not do this Challenge, but I thought after a while I would give it a go! So the transparent part of my card is the front cover of the card. I have used a Sarah Kay stamp called "My Sweet Lili", which has been coloured with my Art-Kure WC Brushes. The image has been cut with a round nesty, and layered on some maroon card cut with a scalloped round nesty. Another piece of maroon card was cut to place at the back of the image to mirror the front scalloped edge. The image was then placed on Acetate, and the second scalloped card placed on the reverse of the acetate to hide the double-sided tape. The backing paper has been placed on the bottom side of the card. And to finish the card off, an Organza Ribbon, and some paper flowers. I hope my photos show the Acetate front well enough, as it was quite difficult to do in this dull weather we are having today. Hope you have enjoyed your visit, and thanks for popping by.

4 comments:

Bev said...

OMW! This is stunning!!! Such gorgeous colours and I LOVE the bow!!

hugs Bev x

Julie Allain said...

I love your card Louise I'm so glad that you decided to give the challenge a go in the end :)

Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz

Julie xx

Crissi Harvey said...

Beautiful card louise and im my favourite colours glad you didnt give up its beautiful

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge

crissi xx

Donna said...

Oh Wow Louise this is absolutely stunning :) Donna x