Tuesday 27 January 2009

GIVE IT SOME HEART


My next card for today is for Daring Cardmakers Challenge - "Give it some Heart". Well this card has been made using some recycled bits. I was standing in my daughters room taking some picures of my cards, and lying on her table was an empty perfume box, which had all these little hearts on, and I had just read the Challenge for Daring Cardmakers. So immediately I decided I had to use these little Hearts. The "sentiment" at the bottom was also a little romantic saying that was down the side of the perfume box, so I thought it would make a lovely sentiment, and it says " True Love lasts forever". The rest of my card is made up of : Backing paper from Papermania 6x6 paper pad called "Exquisite", Rose ribbon, and Heart Gems from my craft stash, and finally the Big Heart at the bottom of my card, was a freebie from a craft magazine. Hope you have enjoyed you visit, and thanks for stopping by. Hope you all have a lovely day.

6 comments:

Lythan said...

I do love a bit of recycling. This card is just perfect!

Becky said...

Gorgeous card Lou, I'm just wondering whether your daughter will mind that you cut her box up lol!!
Love Becky xx

Poppy said...

love the recycled box,very pretty, hope your daughter doesn't mind.
poppy

Bev said...

Wow this is fabulous Lou - what a great way to recycle

hugs Bev x

Donna said...

Cool card Louise and a great way to recycle packaging :) Donna x

SueH said...

To think that such a lovely box would have probably ended up in the rubbish.
I’m so pleased that you gave it a new lease of life and made your beautiful card to share with us.